The holidays are here …
With Christmas right around the corner, it’s time to get serious about buying gifts. If you’re in the market for a great, entry-level camera, your friends at Launch have a few suggestions. Whether you’re taking photos of your kids for Instagram or making a video Christmas card, there’s a camera out there for you. We’ve done the research and created this holiday buying! Our resident camera expert and producer, Chris, is sharing his thoughts on five cameras, each under $1000, that any beginner social media enthusiast would appreciate this holiday season.
- Canon T8i – This camera is perfect for upgrading your social media game. If you need crisp, clean photos, this camera provides exactly that. It’s a great camera for basic photography use, like updating the family photo album or sending a new picture to Grandma.
- Nikon Z-50 – If you’re in the market for an affordable video camera, this Nikon has your name on it. It’s Nikon’s first mirrorless camera, which means it’s great for starting that YouTube channel or uploading to IGTV.
- Sony RX100 – Are you looking for a camera that will jet-set when you’re ready to? This Sony is small, travels well and is considered a “point and shoot” camera. This means crisp action shots and beautiful, clean videos. It fits right in your pocket, too!
- Nikon D5500 – Do you need something a step above entry-level? If so, this Nikon is the one. It’s great for taking pictures for your social media accounts or if you’re more focused on still photography. Chris started his professional career with this camera, so this one comes highly recommended.
- iPhone 12 – Yes, you read that correctly! The latest iPhone has a camera that can shoot films, take brilliant still photos, and keep your social media full of fresh and relevant content. Plus, there are plenty of apps to manage your entire creative process, right from your palm.
As you’re checking everyone off your list, let these recommendations guide to the perfect gift for the visual creative in your life.
Working on something bigger?
If your next project is on a larger production scale, Launch Media has you covered. From the state of the art production studio to the post-production suites, everything you need to make your next visual project a success is here.