The beginning of the year is one of my favorite times. It’s a chance to start fresh, plan priorities and look at your goals for the year with a new perspective.
As the owner of Launch, I talk to a lot of people who want to use video as a way to drive their communication strategy. They have big goals to improve employee engagement, safety metrics or customer retention. They know video could help them get there, but they aren’t sure how to make the case for video to management.
If video plays a central role in your 2017 strategy, here are a few reasons you’re on the right track — and tips for sharing your vision with decision-makers at your organization.
Customers Expect Video
HubSpot recently published a list of 42 visual content marketing stats, and it’s clear that customers are looking for video. Video isn’t a nice-to-have anymore. It’s necessary to compete in today’s market.
- This year video content is expected to represent 74% of all internet traffic. (Source)
- By a ratio of 4 to 1, consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product compared with reading about it. (Source)
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%. (Source)
Video Is an Effective Way to Train Employees
Organizations increasingly are using video to train and communicate with employees. In a 2014 Kaltura study, almost two-thirds of respondents said they used video for training and onboarding of new employees. Leaders are choosing video for employee training and communication because:
- Video is perceived to be a better method of training for new things, improving performance and preparing for the future, according to a BizLibrary survey of more than 1,800 employees. Video training got higher marks compared with instructor-led training, virtual classrooms and e-learning.
- Chief learning officers are interested in video-based instruction because of on-demand availability and mobile access.
- In a 2014 survey, 4 out of 5 executives agreed that video use in corporate communications improved productivity and efficiencies in their organization.
- A Bersin by Deloitte study indicates that modern learners are looking for the flexibility in time, place and method that video training offers.
How could you use video to supercharge your 2017 plans? If you’re looking for ideas, we’d love to help. Check out our project archive for inspiration or get in touch to schedule a free 30-minute consultation.
ABOUT LAUNCH MEDIA
Launch Media is an award-winning, full-service media production company. We strategically conceptualize, design, produce and distribute visual content – video, motion graphics, and digital media – that delivers an immediate impact and leaves a lasting impression. Ready to launch? Contact us.