Despite stay at home orders and social distancing measures, celebrations have continued and people are finding really creative ways to mark anniversaries, religious traditions, and birthdays! Of course, Mother’s Day is no exception. Moms definitely needs extra love and support right now.
May 10th is right around the corner, so we put together a gift guide that lets your mom know you care (and supports the local business community!) Check it out!
- A gift card to her favorite restaurant: Maybe she’s a margarita with friends gal or maybe she’s a latte with a new book gal. If you can’t choose just one restaurant, make her a gift card bouquet! But, make sure you include a personal note letting her know just how much you love and appreciate her! #KeepBRServing
2. Flowers! Always a crowd pleaser. Whether you want to go classic flowers or a starter herb garden, Baton Rouge has lots of plant shops to choose from! It’ll keep her spirits up during the next round of social distancing measures! Louisiana Nursery is a favorite of ours, of course.
3. A unique dried floral arrangement from Baton Rouge Succulent Co! *they deliver!
4. A Hug Ring: Give a HUG – Get a HUG! And a meal! “The idea around the launch of our wearable hug was born in the spirit of connection and doing what we can, with what we have, from where we are.” @mimosahandcrafted Check out this adorable ring and get one for your mom.
5. A puppy portrait from @amberleblancstudio. Need we say more? They’re adorable!
6. Need a one-of-a-kind treasure? Check out the daily updates at The Pink Elephant Antique Mall for some vintage goodies!
7. A Treat as Sweet as Your Mom! We’ve all been baking up a storm, but taking a day to have some sweet treats delivered could be just the thing. Perhaps some macaroons from Tredici bakery? Or brunch in a box from counterspaceBR?
8. Workout Subscription… Is your mom bored of her neighborhood running route? Gift her the first month of a class streaming to Evolve Studio! Better still, meet her in the backyard and workout together.
9. Tight Budget? We get it. Write out a thoughtful message to your mom and then record yourself in a video to send to her! Then, she can rewatch it whenever she needs a boost! “My mom is great because she…”