15 Video Stats About Content Marketing, Social Media, and the Digital Space
It’s important to stay up to date on the latest video and marketing research, especially as we navigate the realities of advertising amidst a global pandemic.
Yes, we know that content is king and video is its queen. You need video in your content marketing plan to generate leads, connect with your audience, and increase brand awareness. Now is not the time to cut your marketing and advertising budget or go radio silent out of respect for the difficulties of these strange times.
How can we use video and content marketing to better connect and empathize with others?
We’ve gathered recent stats from marketing research hubs like Hubspot and Statista so you can stay informed about best practices.
Here’s 15 video stats you need to know.
- Video is the #1 form of media used in content strategy, overtaking blogs and infographics
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year (Optinmonster, 2019).
- Studies show that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support.
- 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing
- Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness.
- Videos are a consumers’ favorite type of content to see from a brand on social media.
- Facebook has reported that 89% of advertisers have taken action with their budgets in response to COVID-19
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media.
- 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer thanks to a video on social media.
- According to Facebook, users are spending more time on-platform amid the COVID-19 lockdowns, while Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn have all also reported significant usage increases.
- Facebook is the primary distribution channel for content
- Promotional Videos and Brand Storytelling are the most common video types created by marketers
- 74% of global marketers continue to invest in social media marketing
- Facebook and Google Search advertising provide the highest return on investment
- Only 37% of people on Twitter in the US believe it’s insensitive for brands to continue advertising as normal.
Sign up for our newsletter: