As resident video editor and animator, Taylor enjoys pulling stories out of images and inventing new ways to present an idea to enhance a client’s vision. Taylor started working with Launch Media nearly two years ago, after leaving his position with Complete Weddings and Events where he was awarded “2016 Lead Videographer of the Year.” As a short film maker, he strives to approach his work from a place of artistry, building on the principles and elements of design to elevate conventional marketing and advertising methods. Taylor earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts with a concentration in Media Arts from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2014.
- Aspires to be a touring musician and create visual media for his band
- Believes that art has healing powers (empirical evidence for it folks)
- Avid raquetball player and lover of all water sports
- Best Advice: “Learn how to be an artist before you learn to be a business professional.”
After growing up in a family business and venturing out to run her own, Trang has cultivated a professional savvy that elevates the flow of the entire LM team. As business manager, Trang oversees all business and financial matters at Launch Media for our clients and our internal affairs. Before joining the LM team six years ago, Trang was an entrepreneurial powerhouse, working in real estate and managing properties, including gas stations, truck stops, and a casino. Trang earned her BS in Business Administration and options in Advertising and Finance from California State University.
- Dreamed of becoming a basketball star
- Believes active listening is paramount to success
- Played the violin in a symphony for 10 years
- Best Advice: “Intellectuals solve problems. Geniuses prevent them.” - Albert Einstein
Nearly 15 years ago, J.J. graduated in aerospace engineering at the top of his class. He then earned his PhD in physics at the University of LM Visual Solutions at CBO. As a certified prodigy, J.J. was a top pick for a NASA secret mission to the moon in 2010. It turns out that some Russian agents knocked over the American flag. But, J.J. led the team to victory and managed to replant the flag in the moondust. Footage of the event remains classified.
- Lives on the dark side of the moon
- Has joined Tinder for aliens (it’s a startup)
- Has been approached by the KGB a few times
- Best Advice: “Don’t go to space if you like to eat real ice cream.”
A Baton Rouge native, Liz Butler joins the Launch team remotely from her home in Austin, Texas to support expanding project needs. During her production career Liz has produced and directed commercials for Fortune 50 global brands, produced television for an impressive list of networks, and had the privilege to work closely with multiple Grammy-winners including The XX, The Neville Brothers, Dr. John, Irma Thomas, Trombone Shorty, and Allen Toussaint. Her commitment to cinema, art, music, and people shines in her masterful balance of holistic problem-solving, creative savvy, and deep curiosity. Her work has earned hundreds of millions of views.
- She has managed shoots in 8 states and 4 countries, some of which included child actors, live animals, pyrotechnics, stunts, special effects, and closing major roadways in busy cities during rush hour traffic, among other hazards.
- She's been known to blast soul music while singing with her mouth full of chocolate in the car wash.
- Her happy place is her yoga mat.
For over seven years, Chris has worked his way up through production, freelancing as a production assistant, an operator, and a Director of Photography. Currently serving as an associate producer, Chris facilitates internal communications with clients and aids the creative director with daily operations. Though he originally studied engineering, Chris took a sharp turn with an internship for TED x LSU, which cemented his ambitions for video production and the creative sphere. Having grown up working for his family business in Slidell, Chris understands the best approach needed to address client concerns and build strong relationships.
- Likes cookies and milk for breakfast (in a protein shake)
- Wanted to be an astronaut when he was a wee boy
- Worked on an indie film (stay tuned 2020)
- Best Advice: “Take every opportunity that’s presented to you.”
Avery is a recent graduate of Louisiana State University, where she earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Arts in December 2019. During her undergraduate career, she worked as a Creative Motion Design Intern for LSU Athletics Creative Services and as an Associate Designer for the Luna Fete Time Travel AR Project in 2018. Her work involved billboard animations, broadcasting packages, and the creation of a 3D environment of the Bonnet Carre Spillway with wind turbines. Avery is a creative problem solver, and she enjoys the challenges and daily excitement of hands-on learning in the digital space. After working with Ryan Golden at LSU, she knew Launch was a great place to begin her career.
- Her dream is to create 3D visuals for music videos and music festivals.
- She has a collection of preserved butterflies.
- Her name means "ruler of the elves.”
As Creative Director, Wes oversees projects from their conceptual inceptions with the client to the final tweaks in post-production. With a background in business and operations, Wes became uniquely adept at wielding video as a means to creatively address a problem in a way that a business owner would. He endeavors to be an active practitioner, crafting good creative development and business strategy while continuing to cultivate the technical aspects of video production work. When he comes to work, Wes works to create a uniquely useful video that addresses a business problem through a creative, visual solution. After nearly 9 years at Launch Media, this longtime creative pulls from his experiences in lighting design, background checking, and assimilating into other cultures as a 9 year old.
- Grew up in Cameroon, on the Gulf of Guinea in Central Africa, with missionary parents
- Speaks 2 foreign languages, French and Fulfulde (a West African dialect you’ve *prob* never heard of)
- Likes to wear colorful undershirts
- Best Advice: “Stay humble. Roll up your sleeves, and just do the work.”
As founder and CEO of Launch Media, John has worked on hundreds of projects, spanning industries from industrial construction and HR to nonprofit and healthcare. Over the course of 14 years, he has transformed a startup 2-man video outfit into a full-service multimedia production company with clients across the country and around the world. Awarded the 2015 Baton Rouge Business Report’s “Young Business Person of the Year,” John is a proven leader with a reputation for quality service, management, and execution. As any good leader knows, with success comes philanthropic effort, and John enjoys serving on boards with Preserve Louisiana, Cap City Beer Fest in association with the Companion Animal Alliance, and the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge.
- Grew up like a country song, running around his family farm in a small town
- Likes to read the paper everyday
- Would rather be camping (as his bumper sticker says) #CubScoutDenDadLife
- Best Advice: “Seek first to understand then to be understood.” - Stephen Covey