As resident video editor and animator, Taylor enjoys pulling stories out of images and inventing new ways to present an idea to enhance a client’s vision. Taylor started working with Launch Media nearly two years ago, after leaving his position with Complete Weddings and Events where he was awarded “2016 Lead Videographer of the Year.” As a short film maker, he strives to approach his work from a place of artistry, building on the principles and elements of design to elevate conventional marketing and advertising methods. Taylor earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts with a concentration in Media Arts from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2014.
- Aspires to be a touring musician and create visual media for his band
- Believes that art has healing powers (empirical evidence for it folks)
- Avid raquetball player and lover of all water sports
- Best Advice: “Learn how to be an artist before you learn to be a business professional.”
After growing up in a family business and venturing out to run her own, Trang has cultivated a professional savvy that elevates the flow of the entire LM team. As business manager, Trang oversees all business and financial matters at Launch Media for our clients and our internal affairs. Before joining the LM team six years ago, Trang was an entrepreneurial powerhouse, working in real estate and managing properties, including gas stations, truck stops, and a casino. Trang earned her BS in Business Administration and options in Advertising and Finance from California State University.
- Dreamed of becoming a basketball star
- Believes active listening is paramount to success
- Played the violin in a symphony for 10 years
- Best Advice: “Intellectuals solve problems. Geniuses prevent them.” - Albert Einstein
Nearly 15 years ago, J.J. graduated in aerospace engineering at the top of his class. He then earned his PhD in physics at the University of LM Visual Solutions at CBO. As a certified prodigy, J.J. was a top pick for a NASA secret mission to the moon in 2010. It turns out that some Russian agents knocked over the American flag. But, J.J. led the team to victory and managed to replant the flag in the moondust. Footage of the event remains classified.
- Lives on the dark side of the moon
- Has joined Tinder for aliens (it’s a startup)
- Has been approached by the KGB a few times
- Best Advice: “Don’t go to space if you like to eat real ice cream.”
As Creative Director, Wes oversees projects from their conceptual inceptions with the client to the final tweaks in post-production. With a background in business and operations, Wes became uniquely adept at wielding video as a means to creatively address a problem in a way that a business owner would. He endeavors to be an active practitioner, crafting good creative development and business strategy while continuing to cultivate the technical aspects of video production work. When he comes to work, Wes works to create a uniquely useful video that addresses a business problem through a creative, visual solution. After nearly 9 years at Launch Media, this longtime creative pulls from his experiences in lighting design, background checking, and assimilating into other cultures as a 9 year old.
- Grew up in Cameroon, on the Gulf of Guinea in Central Africa, with missionary parents
- Speaks 2 foreign languages, French and Fulfulde (a West African dialect you’ve *prob* never heard of)
- Likes to wear colorful undershirts
- Best Advice: “Stay humble. Roll up your sleeves, and just do the work.”
As communications manager, Elizabeth creates and coordinates internal and external messaging to ensure brand consistency that reflects and furthers company goals. Elizabeth recently earned her Master of Mass Communication from the LSU Manship School, crafting a strategic communication plan for an end-of-year fundraiser for the Denver-based nonprofit, Wish of a Lifetime, an organization working to shift the way society views aging. Prior to graduate school, Elizabeth worked as the communications officer for the City of Central and as a social media intern with The Jim Engster Show.
- Believes cheese is a main food group
- Hopes to publish a fiction book one day
- Can quote the entirety of the 2005 Pride and Prejudice film
- Best Advice: “People cannot read your mind. If you want something, ask for it.” (Politely, of course.)
As founder and CEO of Launch Media, John has worked on hundreds of projects, spanning industries from industrial construction and HR to nonprofit and healthcare. Over the course of 14 years, he has transformed a startup 2-man video outfit into a full-service multimedia production company with clients across the country and around the world. Awarded the 2015 Baton Rouge Business Report’s “Young Business Person of the Year,” John is a proven leader with a reputation for quality service, management, and execution. As any good leader knows, with success comes philanthropic effort, and John enjoys serving on boards with Preserve Louisiana, Cap City Beer Fest in association with the Companion Animal Alliance, and the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge.
- Grew up like a country song, running around his family farm in a small town
- Likes to read the paper everyday
- Would rather be camping (as his bumper sticker says) #CubScoutDenDadLife
- Best Advice: “Seek first to understand then to be understood.” - Stephen Covey
For over seven years, Chris has worked his way up through production, freelancing as a production assistant, an operator, and a Director of Photography. Currently serving as an associate producer, Chris facilitates internal communications with clients and aids the creative director with daily operations. Though he originally studied engineering, Chris took a sharp turn with an internship for TED x LSU, which cemented his ambitions for video production and the creative sphere. Having grown up working for his family business in Slidell, Chris understands the best approach needed to address client concerns and build strong relationships.
- Likes cookies and milk for breakfast (in a protein shake)
- Wanted to be an astronaut when he was a wee boy
- Worked on an indie film (stay tuned 2020)
- Best Advice: “Take every opportunity that’s presented to you.”